FocusInvestor.com: Disclaimer & Terms and Conditions of Service
Welcome to FocusInvestor.com! We hope you'll enjoy and participate in the many services that FocusInvestor.com offers on our site. When visiting and using our service, you're agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you don't wish to be bound by what you read below, you shouldn't register with FocusInvestor.com. We may change these terms at any time but will notify you electronically before of any material changes are implemented; your continued use of FocusInvestor.com means that you accept any new or modified terms and conditions. So please visit this page again occasionally to see if anything has changed.
By registering with us, you are also certifying that all information you provided in the registration process is accurate. FocusInvestor.com users may only maintain one active registration. By accepting this agreement, you certify that you personally maintain only one account with FocusInvestor.com.
All of the content on this site is the property of FocusInvestor.com & Liberty Tree Investments, LLC and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. By "content" we mean any information, mode of expression, or other materials and services found on FocusInvestor.com. This includes message boards, our writings, graphics, and any and all other features found on the site. For more information on Copyright Law and the Internet, please visit: http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html . You may make one copy of our content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that any material copied remains intact and includes the following notice: "Copyright 2000-2003 Liberty Tree Investments, LLC. All rights reserved." Any other copying, distribution, storing, or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of our content is prohibited without our prior written permission.
FocusInvestor.com strongly encourages active and open debate among our members. All we ask is that it's done in a lawful and civil manner. Accordingly, you agree to use FocusInvestor.com for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use your membership to:
• Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person
• Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements)
• Post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit material
• Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
• Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes
• Intentionally violate the laws, rules, and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national or other securities exchanges, especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security
• Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site
• Offer, sell, or buy any security
• Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
FocusInvestor.com may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any post or terminate your membership for violating the above provisions. You agree to indemnify FocusInvestor.com & Liberty Tree Investments, LLC, in addition to holding them harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings, or liabilities arising out of your violation of these terms and conditions. You're responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password. So please don't disclose your password to anybody. If it has been lost or stolen, contact us as soon as possible.
FocusInvestor.com provides a broad range of information, services, and commentary. We can't and we don't warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content found in our areas, or its usefulness for any particular purpose. FocusInvestor.com provides no promises or warranties except that we won't intentionally deceive you. Other than that, we reserve the right to be wrong, although we make every effort no to be. You agree that under no circumstances will FocusInvestor.com be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or any other type of damages resulting from your use, or downloading of any content on our site. This includes, but is no way limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by stuff beyond our control in creating or delivering any portion of FocusInvestor.com.
FocusInvestor.com strongly advocates that you, the individual investor, should make your own personal investment decisions. By accepting these terms and conditions of service you're agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that FocusInvestor.com will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you or others based upon reliance on news, information, or any other material published by FocusInvestor.com. FocusInvestor.com depends on various sources of information that we believe to be accurate and reliable. However, we make no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material contained on our site. FocusInvestor.com can't and won't take responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or even the truth of every post on our service. Please remember: All information and content provided on FocusInvestor.com is to be used on an "as is" basis.
If any provision in this Agreement is invalid, unenforceable, or nonsensical, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement is and always will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Indiana (except with respect to choice of law). You agree that the proper forum for any claim arising under this Agreement will be the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana or the appropriate Indiana state court.